We are starting to receive enquiries from both hirers and individual users to ask when certain events will be permitted to return to using the Community Centre. Below is a summary of the latest guidance that we are working to. Please be advised that any dates in the future are subject to change due to nationwide COVID-19 cases, and as always, if you have any questions please feel free to get in touch either by email [email protected] or by telephone on 016977 45023.
Step Two: from April 12th April
Only the activities shown here are permitted. Other activities e.g., art classes, clubs, WIs, craft groups, Parish Council meetings will not yet be permitted.
- Food can only be served to those seated in outdoor settings, or as takeaways.
- Indoor gyms can re-open, but not exercise classes.
- Funerals can take place with up to 30 people; wakes and weddings will be allowed up to 15 guests.
- All indoor children’s activities can reopen, including dance classes, musical activities, cubs, scouts, brownies etc.
- Parent and child groups can open indoors, e.g., parent and toddlers, with up to 15 attending (plus under-fives).
- Outdoor gatherings or events organised by a business, charity, public body, or similar organisation, can be held under Covid-19 secure conditions.
The social contact rules will continue to apply meaning that social distancing must be maintained, no indoor mixing is allowed between different households.
Step Three: 17th May
- Controlled indoor events can take place with up to 50% capacity.
- Community Café’s, coffee mornings and social clubs can take place in accordance with the “rule of 6”.
- Film shows, plays, concerts and sports matches can take place, subject to social distancing.
- Indoor sports activities, including exercise classes, table tennis, badminton can take place.
- Up to 30 people will be able to attend life events.
- Organised outdoor entertainment can take place.
- The “rule of six” will be abolished for outdoor gatherings, replaced with a limit of 30 people.
- The “rule of 6” will apply to indoor events.
Step Four: 21st June
- All legal limits on social contact are removed. Outdoor events with more than 30 people can take place.
- Dancing is permitted.
- Restrictions on numbers at weddings and funerals are abolished.