Thriving Communities Carlisle
Thriving Communities Carlisle is a partnership supporting communities to recover from the impact of COVID-19 using social, arts, culture, nature-based and wellbeing activities.
Our partners are Tullie House, Carlisle City Council, Cumbria Wildlife Trust, Prism Arts, Susie Tate Projects, NCIC and Carlisle Healthcare.
Inside Out is a 6-week programme of taster activities, designed to help you get out and about and engage with things that are happening in your community. Each week a different local organisation will bring a creative activity for you to try out. See which ones you enjoy and then our team can signpost you to similar, longer term opportunities.
Anyone can take part. You don’t need to be referred. If you are finding it tough to adjust to life after lockdown, why not give it a try?
The first Inside Out programme started in August at Morton Community Centre. The second programme is due to start here at Brampton Community Centre in October 2021, with subsequent locations to be announced. Sessions will run weekly for 6 weeks.
Attendance at all 6 sessions in encouraged.
Thanks to funding from Thriving Communities Fund, the sessions are free but a suggested donation of £2.50 would be appreciated if means allow.
As these are the first Inside Out programmes, we do have limited capacity.
Inside Out at Brampton Community Centre
The Inside Out programme is due to run every Thursday at Brampton Community Centre for 6 weeks starting on 7th October 2021.
Each session runs 2.00-4.00pm with welcome from 1:30pm.
If you’re interested in joining any of the upcoming Inside Out taster courses at Brampton Community Centre, please complete the participant form below.
Participant sign-up: https://forms.office.com/r/uFu8PwfKjW
Professional/agency referral: https://forms.office.com/r/ixjU4300hc
For more info: contact Sarah Rodway-Swanson on [email protected]
- TBC – Mindfulness, Assertiveness and Keeping Yourself Well (North Cumbria Recovery College). Explore how to use mindful practice, assertive communication skills and becoming aware of your wellbeing to help take control of your health. We will also develop a managing wellbeing plan within the session.
- TBC – Gardening for Wildlife (Cumbria Wildlife Trust) Enjoy some time in the community centre garden and discover why gardens are amazing havens for wildlife, learn about our brilliant bees and butterflies, and plant something to take home that will bring the natural world to your garden, yard or windowsill.
- TBC – Read and Conversation (Royal Literary Fund). Listen, relax, enjoy! Being read to is very comforting, ‘Reading Round’ is quite simple – relax and listen to a published writer reading a story and a poem before opening it up to discussion within a small and friendly group.
- TBC – Creative Collections (Tullie House Museum and Art Gallery). Join our team as we look at some of our fantastic outdoor and nature inspired collections up close and use them to inspire creative activities and have a natter.
- TBC – Movement & Dance (Susie Tate Projects). A place to enjoy moving and creating stories. Using objects found in our natural environment such as shells, stones, flowers and leaves, we will explore their stories through movement and create our own unique dance stories. No dance experience required. Sessions are fully accessible.
- TBC – Wheels of Wellness (iCan Fitness). Try out accessible trampolines and bouncers and enjoy some trampoline fun, music, games and activities whilst taking responsibility for your own health and wellbeing through conversation.