Join us on Sunday 29th August 2021 (11am-3pm) for our community open day and family fun day at Brampton Community Centre!
Meet representatives from local clubs, societies and organisations who will be available on the day to showcase what they have to offer, including:
- Sustainable Brampton
- Brampton Area Action Group (B.A.G.G)
- Brampton Acting Together (BAT)
- Brampton Parish Council
- Brampton & Longtown Rotary Club
- Hallbankgate Hub
- Brampton & District 50+ Forum
- Brampton Walkers are Welcome
- Brampton and District Local History Society
- Brampton Poets
- Happy Wanderers
- Brampton Knit & Knatter
- BIG magazine
- Carlisle Community Cycle Hub The Carlisle Community Cycle Hub, whose aim is to make cycling accessible for all will also be on hand to carry out minor repairs. To book your free 30-minute bike check-up, please click the link here.
- iCan Wheels of Wellness iCan Fitness will also be attending with their Wheels of Wellness, where visitors will be able to try out trampolines and bouncers and enjoy some trampoline fun, music and games and activities.
Food and drink will be available to purchase on the day and lots of fun activities to do, including
- Live music
- Bouncy castle
- Face painting
There will also be a number of local traders showcasing their ‘wares’, including:
Brampton Community Centre Manager, James Burke said: “The day is really an opportunity to bring the people of Brampton and the wider community together, after what has been a very difficult time for everyone and give people a chance to enjoy a day out with friends and family.
“It’s also about providing an opportunity for people to meet those local community groups and organisations who have and continue to make a difference across the Brampton area”.
“The event is free to attend and hopefully we’ll have good weather on Sunday, so the day should be a great day out for everyone”.
The day has been organised in conjunction with Carlisle Matters – the new name for the recently rebranded Carlisle and District Federation of Community Organisations, with support from Carlisle City Council, The National Lottery Community Fund, and the Cumberland Building Society.
We want to make sure those attending the event feel safe, so hand sanitiser stations will be positioned throughout the event, and we also encourage people to keep a safe social distance, where possible
We hope you can join us on Sunday 29th (Sunday, Bank Holiday weekend) between 11am-3pm for what should be a great family day out!